Monday, October 6, 2008

No Limit Poker Tournament Reviews and Results

All 7 Amazon reviews on my No Limit book have been 5 out of 5 stars, and here are the top lines:

Best poker book released this year!!!, October 1, 2008

Unbelievably awesome, August 25, 2008

Full of sound advice and a lot of fun to read, August 1, 2008

Superb!, June 25, 2008

Outstanding!, July 3, 2008

Great Poker Book, July 2, 2008

Excellent tournament poker tips, May 24, 2008

Frankly, I think that the book is really good because it makes every player's game better by being a great reference. It's incredible that more players don't understand the importance of having a reference book of plays to help them win.

An update: I've played twice more at the club. And, one Sunday I built I decent chip stack. It got down to the last 3 tables but I lost every time I was all-in with either a small or big advantage.

Today, I just played bad. Passive play. My number one weakness. These things happen for a reason. "Risk is Good." Just because I wrote the book, doesn't mean I don't revert back to bad habits.

Since I wrote the book, though, I've played only in 6 no limit tournaments. I finished in the final table in 3, and went out in the other 3 One of the final tables was a win.

It's funny but I notice that more and more players and will read one of my books do well for a while and then lose. Why do they and I start to lose? We start to revert back to old habits, rather than recalling what works. That is true in the Razz book and the Tournament Poker book.

No comments:

What's Your Poker IQ?