Monday, June 16, 2008

Reflections on trip to WSOP...

1. Yeah, bad decision on forgoing a chance at $38,000 at the Venetian event. I was in 4th place in chips and I felt I could win it all.

2. Believed my NL book helped me to get to the final 10 players in both NL events---the 150 and 450 player events. Also, I read Gus Hansen book which gave me some more ideas on how to play aggressive and smart.

3. I need to figure out what to do when the blinds jump so high at the end and everyone is pushing. At one point in both events, I think I was chip leader or close to it. But once the pushing started, I felt it was best to get out of the way unless I had to call or had a hand. Maybe I need to review how Gus handles these situations, and his percentage evaluation when he calls with the worst hand.

4. Playing at B&M was easier than online since I was able to read the players better. Also, I really think the players at these two events were not very good.

5. It was the first time I was sick and actually played good poker. I was surprised.

1 comment:

jusdealem said...

That was a tough decision on playing the Venetian or the Razz event. If I felt like I had a good chance of winning it, like you did, I probably would've skipped the Razz. Tough call, tho.

I truly hope you weren't cheated at the Mirage. Maybe you should've called for the Floor when the dealer refused to fix the shuffler?

Anyway, congrats on your cashes! Gus Hansen's book is next on my to-read list.

What's Your Poker IQ?