Thursday, June 26, 2008

Book Review on Amazon for Tournament Poker: 101 Winning Moves

I had the honor of reading the manuscript to this book before it was released. Mitchell had contacted me through my personal poker blog and asked if I would like to review his up and coming book on tournament hold'em and I couldn't refuse!

I read the book cover to cover two or three times and thought to myself "these tips could never work" as I was trained to be a tight-aggressive player based on the works of Harrington and Sklanksy. However, I put my pride aside and decided to try about 15 or so of these awesome moves in my upcoming tournaments. Things turned out to be fantastic with the awesome preflop moves I used from this book! Also, the subjects on c-bets has really helped me be super aggressive on the flop, even when I didn't hit any piece of it. I have since played 47 tournaments, placing in the money in 13 of them, and took down 7 of the them!

Bottom line: If not for this book, I would not have made it very far in the tournaments I have played in. Harrington on Hold'em is still the greatest series of books in my opinion, but if you really want to up your game and mature from the kids to the big boys, read this book.

-Jules Carter

1 comment:

jusdealem said...

I agree with Jules. Great book! I've also applied some new moves and they are working well. Thank you!

What's Your Poker IQ?