Wednesday, November 26, 2008

An Interesting Day Of Poker and Bad Beats...

1. Entered a 45 player $69 NL event on Full Tilt. When it got down to 8 players, I had more chips than everyone else combined. When it got heads up I had a 5-1 chip lead. And then I lost 3 consecutive hands with bad beats. Bummer....it was a $700 win instead of $1,100 for first place.

2. Entered a second 45 player event. When it got down to 8 players, I was in 4th place. A player raised the min pre-flop, and I moved all in with QQ. To my surprise he called 2/3rds of chip stack with A-8. He hit his Ace on the river. Wow! 4 bad beats...only pays 6 players.

3. Entered a 500 player MTT NL event. Half way through I had a good chip stack. I raised and got 2 callers. The flop was Q-10-3. I had Q-10. I bet the pot and got one caller. The King hit. My opponent checked, and I moved all-in not wanting him to call for his draw. It was a way bigger bet than the pot size. My opponent called anyway with A-K. The river was another 3! Another bad beat...

4. Went to PS to change my luck. Another MTT NL event. Early on, I raised pre-flop with A-K, and one player called. The flop came 3-6-8. I moved all-in, and my opponent called with 2-4 of clubs. He hit runner runner clubs to take me out! No.....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! Frankly, I can't wait till next year...

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

Ouch.

So far, my letter to the poker gods hasn't helped.

What's Your Poker IQ?