Sunday, July 5, 2009

Four Ways To Improve Your Tournament Poker Results

I now have four ways to help you improve your poker game:

#1. My Tournament Poker: 101 Winning Moves Book

The book experts told me not to bother to self-publish the book since I was an unknown poker player and no one buys poker books. But I really thought that beginning and intermediate players needed a reference book of plays that the poker pros had talked about in one place.

When I was done writing the book I had given credit for the player and source for almost all the moves. However, when my attorney read the book, she said I had to take out the sources and rewrite the entire book. It was a major bummer but I rewrote the entire book and published it on my own.

The good news is that I have sold thousands of copies and have received many positive testimonials from poker players. I'm now getting requests to get the book on Kindle. It was also pretty neat that Katja, who won the Razz WSOP bracelet, read my Razz poker book and was key in getting it licensed to PokerStars Intellipoker to translate it into many foreign languages.

#2. New Poker Player Guide: How to Win a Poker Tournament

I have been working at developing an easy to understand poker tournament guide for new players, but would also help remind intermediate level players about key basics.

I recently updated this guide and will continue to improve upon it. It is getting long, but I think it is important to help new players in a practical way. I think too much of the literature aimed at new players is just too simple and ineffective.

#3. What's Your Poker IQ? Take the Free Quiz

I developed this 15 question quiz to help people think about their game and identify any holes. The funny thing is that some players disagree with some of my answers and get rather angry about it. Good heavens. There are many ways to play the hand you are dealt. There is not always a right or wrong answer. No one is grading you. Enjoy the quiz and maybe it will help you to think about how other players may be thinking.

#4 How To Win a Poker Tournament blog.

It's really cool to see that I am getting more and more people visiting this blog every month. In fact, over 50% of the people who visit my blog come back again. I believe that is a good sign. I truly am doing my best at providing you with information to help you get better results.

How to make this blog more useful for you.

I am looking for ways to make my blog better for you.

One of the directions I am pursuing is to get other poker players to write guest blogs to add value for you.

Another direction is to try to reach out to poker pros who may be willing to add some strategic advice as well.

If you are having success at poker tournaments, please consider writing a guest post here. If you know a poker pro, please ask him or her if they are willing to write a guest blog as well. And if there is something else you want me to add to my blog, please let me know.

I really think the more you know, the better your results will be. Heck, there are so many tournament games online and at card rooms, I believe you can all be winners at poker.

To contact me: mcogert@gmail.com

Thanks!

No comments:

What's Your Poker IQ?