Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Interview with Rodney Blackwell, @tshirtforums, winner of last weeks #tpt

Interview with Rodney Blackwell, @tshirtforums, winner of last weeks #tpt.

Q1. Share with us a little about who you are?
I'm a 35 year old father, husband, and old school web geek who loves t-shirts. I run a few websites here and there :) Notice how I left poker player out of that list ;)

Q2. When did you start playing poker?

I started playing poker in high school during the early 90's. Back then it was mostly home games for spare change. Ahhh, the good ol' days.

Q3. What is your favorite poker game? Why?
With the popularity of Texas Hold'em, most home games these days tend to turn into a hold'em tournament. I've found myself recently getting nostalgic for the old "junk" home games like "acey deucey ", "follow the queen " and "baseball ".

Q4. Do you play in many poker tournaments? Is so, where?

No, not really. Just TPT and the occassional Sit N Go on FullTilt or PokerStars.

Q5. What is the most valuable poker lesson you've ever learned?

That Ace Queen is not as good of hand as it seems :)

Q6. Did you have a strategy when you play the #tpt?
Strategy, smategy. I mainly wanted to have fun. Of course, the fun is increased when you place in the money, so I try to play well enough to stick around for a while.

Q7. Were there any hands that you recall in the #tpt which were key to you winning?
Nothing worth writing home to mom about. In fact, a couple of the hands that helped me stick around were probably bad calls on my part. After I lived through those two and picked up some chips, I went back to a more sane strategy of play.

Q8. Do you have any advice for those who play in tournaments overall?
Keep having fun! Unless you're doing it for your livelihood, in which case, you don't need my advice.

Q9. Do you have any poker goals?

I would really love to play in the World Poker Tour one year. I think it would be a great experience to hang in Vegas, experience the tourney, and see how far I could go.

Thanks for your time and congratulations again!

No comments:

What's Your Poker IQ?