Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Poker Quiz: Guess Who Said These Famous Quotes About Poker?

My Attorney Said "No"

When I wrote the book "Tournament Poker: 101 Winning Moves" I hired an attorney to make sure I wasn't going to get sued.

She told me it would be better to take out the poker quotes. Bummer.

The famous people behind these quotes

Doyle Brunson
Erick Lindgren
Daniel Negreanu
Stu Ungar
Rick Bennet
Steven Wright
Chip Reese
Dr. Max Stern
Cool Hand Luke

Can you figure out who said these things about poker?

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."

"Tournament poker is not about survival. Tournament poker is about accumulating chips."

"In early position, beyond the middle stages of a tournament, limping should almost never be a consideration."

"Try to decide how good your hand is at a given moment. Nothing else matters. Nothing!"

"Sometimes in order to live, you have to be willing to die."

"Yeah, well, sometimes "nothin" can be a real cool hand."

"In the long run there's no luck in poker, but the short run is longer than most people know."

"The mathematically correct play is not always the best play."

"Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full hours and four people died."

Answers

Tomorrow.

And please don't sue me.

No comments:

What's Your Poker IQ?